Friday, November 21, 2014

Paris Match

Paris MatchI purchased subscription on December 23, 2006. Trusted Amazon to deliver a good service. The estimate for delivery was 4-6 weeks. Now, it is March 7, 2007; the magazine has never arrived; the provider of subscriptions first kept promising "any week now" but now they say I wouldn't start my subscription until mid-April. No explanation why. Cannot cancel and get a refund of $150. Extremely disappointed. Should have ordered directly another French weekly, subscribed directed from the publisher a month ago and already received two issues. I am not even sure at this point I would receive my paid subscription for Paris-Match. I contacted the publisher and they told me they provide US subscriptions through a completely different agent. So, Amazon, what do I do now about my subscription?

AMAZON, DITCH THIS AGENT AND FIND ANOTHER.

I still believe the magazine is worth what I had originally written (see below). However, I have not received an issue since I'd scripted the laudatory comments. I have contacted Amazon, the agent, and now Amazon again. So, I, too, will not subscribe through this venue. I'm better off paying more at a bookstore and receiving the product.

If I wish to be current with all aspects of polemics in the world a propos to the French slant, Paris Match offers the best of all. Without subscribing to a special magazine for each (politics, arts, actualities, photjournalism, opinions and surveys), Paris Match offers all. As a teacher of French in a public high school, I find Paris Match a valuable teaching tool that engages the readers to pursue certain topics with more research.

Buy Paris Match Now

I subscribe to Paris Match through Amazon.com because it's a fast and reliable way to do it. The subscription is expensive, but I find it's worth it. It helps me keep my French current, something reading books and academic material does not do. It also gives me another viewpoint on world events. Some of the stories are extraordinary, even though lots of the material is on a par with "People" magazine.. but that can be fun, too.

Read Best Reviews of Paris Match Here

Paris Match the magazine is fine, but we never received it. It's been over 4 months since the order was placed and not a single issues was sent. We also asked for customer service but only received ineptitude.

Want Paris Match Discount?

I love reading Paris Match and it's an easy and painless way to keep up on my French. Paris Match is something like a cross between People and Time magazines. It has current news about the stars and famous people and also has some articles about French government and politics. There are even articles about science, nature and medicine, and autos. A little bit of everything with the emphasis on people in the news. They always have great photos and it gives a different view of world events.

I've subscribed several years, and have currently subscribed through Amazon and have done so in the past as well. The first issue took about 5 weeks to arrive. The magazine is shipped from Canada and so sometimes in the past the magazine didn't arrive one week, but then I got two the following week. I think this is just the Canadian mail system. I've always received all 52 weekly copies and find subscribing much less expensive that trying to find them in a bookstore.

When I first started learning French I limited myself to 20 minutes per day of reading English (except for work stuff) and everything else in French including my web browser and internet websites. Paris Match was a big help in learning because it was interesting and I always looked forward to the articles. I used to sit there with a little French Dictionary Oxford French Minidictionary and have to look up half of the words or more. Now when the magazine arrives I usually read it cover to cover in a couple days and only have to use the dictionary occasionally.

I really enjoy the magazine and would recommend it to anyone learning or needing to practice the French language.

3/9/09 I just wanted to post an update to say that all of the issues of this magazine are arriving weekly as advertised. Due to the fact that they're printed in France, sometimes they're here at the beginning and sometimes at the end of the week, but they all make it in good order. I'm really enjoying all the articles and great photos on worldwide topics as well as the gossip on the French movie actors and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment