Saturday, November 22, 2014

Red Magazine

Red MagazineI buy this magazine often from Barnes & Noble in the states. It's filled with content I that I wish all the popular women's magazines were filled with: Fashion, cooking, interesting interviews, product reviews, home design etc. The magazine has everything and I find myself constantly going back to the same magazine until it's essentially torn to pieces. It's a perfect Sunday morning read, and it'll leave you entertained for hours, at least for me it's about 3 hours of unapologetic mag & tea time.

My only gripe is the price in the US. I think it goes for $11. That's a lot for a magazine so I refuse to purchase it every month, I can't justify this monthly expenditure. I wish it were cheaper, sure. But it's a great, whimsical, well rounded product. For that I am pleased.

A friend brought me a copy of Red while she visited Oxford. I spent hours with it. This magazine is superb; the articles are well-written and engaging. The only thing that bothered me was the references to certain products, many of which are available only in the UK, with prices listed in pounds. (Yes, I know this is a British magazine but I was mildly annoyed. Call me shallow.) This didn't bother me enough to make me stop reading at any time, however. After the first read, I wanted to read it all again.

About the only thing that stops me from ordering a subscription is the high price. Perhaps when I win the Publishers' Clearing House Sweepstakes I will subscribe to Red.

Buy Red Magazine Now

No comments:

Post a Comment