Monday, December 29, 2014

Imaginefx

ImaginefxI am a regular U.S. reader of other Future Publishing art titles, and was overjoyed to see the first title on the newsstand of this fantastic magazine.

ImagineFX explores the digital science fiction, fantasy and anime genres through letters, interviews, portfolio expositions and fantastic tutorials. All issues also include pull-out artwork by the featured artist, as well as a companion DVD featuring files for the tutorials, artwork and software. Within the magazines pages one will find a wide assortment of styles and artists, including everything from tutorials by noted conceptual artist Ryan Church to explorations of gothic art by several fantastic artists which all serve to expand your creativity and help you along your own creative path.

On the minus side, most of us U.S. readers will be put off by the per-issue pricetag. But for those living in the U.K. (lucky!) or those U.S. readers willing and able to part with the money, this magazine is not to be missed!

This is a brilliant magazine!

I cannot stress enough just how helpful and user friendly this magazine is, with step-by-step tutorials, Q&A section, book and programme recommendations and beautiful art show casings. It covers a little bit of everything and comes with a DVD containing Demo's, art tutorials, Photo's and fonts and more. It's a magazine written for artists by artists and as a result I found my work improving greatly just from reading and practicing the tutorials in this magazine.

Buy Imaginefx Now

First, this is a great magazine.

Second, you're much better off buying a single issue and getting a subscription from the card inserts or even going to the ImagineFX site and ordering from there. Even with our lousy exchange price it's better than $178. Really bad price here.

Read Best Reviews of Imaginefx Here

Imagine FX is by far the most detailed magazine that I have seen that is completely loyal and devoted to Scifi and Fantasy Digital Art. Whether your a technician or an admirer, this book oozez with talent and technique. The magazine is not a pro's only book and they take a hands on approach to helping amateurs. None of the writers seem full of themselves. They all know they are in a liquid world of a digital medium where everyone learns from everyone. I highly recommend this magazine. It's more than average price tag is worth every penny, especially when every magazine comes packaged with a disc choc-full of demos, tutorials, photoshop brushes and source art. There is no other experience that comes near the likes of Imagine FX.

Want Imaginefx Discount?

Rather this has more to do with the quality of the service I have received with Magazine Express, who is the company that distributes this magazine for amazon.

I do not at all recommend anyone subscribe to this magazine through Amazon, you are better off going straight through ImagineFX and subscribing via their website. This service is a whole lot of hassle and heart ache for nothing.

Long story follows:

My last months issue came very late about 2 weeks late, and I called and harassed Amazon and they were very nice and helpful. Magazine Express however took their sweet time and I got my magazine almost a week later (which by now was 3/4 into the month) and the magazine was damaged and missing the disc. So i complained yet again to Amazon employees, who were wonderful and not at fault here, and they said they would do their best to help me. I didn't receive word back from Magazine Express or Amazon until the 30th (which at that point I had already bought the magazine to enjoy), and I even bought the special edition because I wasn't sure I was even getting that. So yesterday (January 3rd!!!) I get both magazines, the december issue and the special edition, and not only are they not actual Imagine FX subscription magazines, with the big cover, they're regular store bought ones.

I call today to find out why I have received them when I asked on the 30th after so long that I didn't want the december issue and I wanted to be credited back my money for the month, since I already bought it after waiting so long. The guy tells me over the phone that "Oh the issues for that month come in at the end of the month". That is not true since i had received all of my first 3 months almost a week early, and also what's the point of having a subscription if I'm just going to get my issue super late and I could just go out and buy it at the store in the beginning of the month to enjoy it for that month.

This is madness!

Just go and get your subscription through ImagineFX website, that is what I am going to do when this subscription runs out.

I have yet to receive my January issue. I guess I get to enjoy it at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment