Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Jersey Monthly (1-year auto-renewal)

New Jersey MonthlyI'm not a big fan of New Jersey Monthly. For one thing, it is jam packed with ads. Also, even though it's supposed to be about the entire state of NJ, it focuses heavily on North Jersey. I think South Jersey Magazine has more interesting articles covering things people really want to read about -unlike NJ Magazine, which wastes endless amounts of space on things like so and so's million dollar kitchen renovation (who cares?). Sometimes I feel like I'm reading "Cribs: The Magazine". Maybe some people are into this stuff, but for the average New Jerseyan, I wouldn't recommend it. Lastly -and this really bugs me -I saw one of the editors on a local news program talking about "The Diner Issue" where NJ Magazine ranked top NJ diners. When asked how they came up with the list, said editor did not reply that they polled readers, researched online reviews by real customers, or sent out teams of taste testers to as many diners as possible. Instead, she answered that the magazine staff simply picked them. NICE.

As a transplant to NJ I looked forward to this magazine every month to learn about my adopted state. It was a terrific guide to the state's history, current events, people, places to explore, etc.

In recent years the magazine has become a guide to the best decorators, doctors, plastic surgeons, lawyers, trendy restaurants, expensing housing, etc. If I used to spend an hour or two reading each issue I now spend 15 minutes.

I have need a subscriber for more than 10 years and now I may not renew -Bob

Buy New Jersey Monthly (1-year auto-renewal) Now

Informative magazine however there are too many advertisements. I wish it had more information then it actually does. It was truly a disappointment.

Read Best Reviews of New Jersey Monthly (1-year auto-renewal) Here

Lots of information about New Jersey, past, present and future. Great recommendations for things to do, places to visit and eat. Only negative is that it has too much medical advertising.

Want New Jersey Monthly (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

Great magazine if you live in or nearby New Jersey. Stories are well written and there are always great reviews of neat places at which to eat.

Save 69% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment