Friday, November 28, 2014

Latina Magazine (1-year auto-renewal)

Latina MagazineI don't think it's fair to make Latina magazine be the be-all, end-all magazine for American Latinas. It's not like we throw a fit when Cosmopolitan perpetuates "female" stereotypes. I understand that for minorities, it would be nice to hold mainstream media to a higher standard, but sometimes, don't you just want to kick back on the couch and not stress?

For those moments of kicking back, not stressing, and not finding fault with everything around me, I love reading Latina magazine. Thoughtful articles and first-person essays, easy recipes, and great trends.

And, I'm not even Latina -I'm Asian-American. And I have to say, reading this magazine has made me appreciate just that much more how we are all sisters in this world, just trying to find happiness, love, and a hot pair of shoes.

This is one of the best magazines I've ever read. It's not full of ads. It has articles on topics which interest me. It helps me to brush up on my Spanish. The clothing and makeup featured are suitable to the everyday woman. Unlike other magazines, you won't see clothes that are only suitable on a runway and that aren't really affordable. What I love is that they always tell you where an item can be found and the cost of the item on the same page. You don't have to root through ridiculously small print in the back of the magazine to find out where you can locate the clothes or makeup. Because Latin women come in all shades, they give makeup tips which can be used by everyone. I'm an African American woman who has had subscriptions to Elle and to Honey Magazine. I have found Latina to be far more helpful and to have better fashions.

Buy Latina Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) Now

I received this magazine as a reward for taking surveys, so I am not actually paying for the subscription I have. However, I don't regret picking it as the reward. I will say this: I do believe Latina Magazine to be an acquired taste. It won't be for every Latina, nor will it be for every one, in general. At most, it's just a fun magazine to read when you have some time to kill. There are some pretty heartfelt stories in some of the issues as well and hey, even some great recipes in them and who could go wrong with that?

Read Best Reviews of Latina Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) Here

This magazine has good stories for anyone. Livng in a global economic society means thinking with a multicultural lens. This magazine gives you some insight into Latino culture.

Want Latina Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) Discount?

I read a lot of reviews that blasted this magazine for its use of "Spanglish" because it makes those of us who speak "Spanglish" look badly. I'm not ashamed of my use of "Spanglish" and I think it's sad that Latinas judge each other like this. Not all of us grew up immersed in the Spanish language and thus, are not fluent.

I really enjoy receiving the magazine, it's taught me a lot about being proud of my Mexican heritage and even this morning, I was sharing it with my almost 13-year old son. Pitbull was in this month's issue and my son loves Pitbull and his music. We also looked through the magazine and I had him trying to translate some of the ads and articles. My son is going to grow up speaking "Spanglish" like me.

Recently, the magazine had an article about being fluent or not; not being fluent doesn't make me any less Mexican or any less proud. I'm glad that this magazine is here for Latinas like me.

I would definitely recommend this to Latinas all over!

Save 75% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment