Thursday, January 8, 2015

Slimming World

Slimming WorldThis is a great magazine that explains how the Slimming World program works, provides yummy recipes, and presents real-life success stories that are truly inspiring. Some of them are just about unbelievable. The articles are great, relevant.. and are presented in a compassionate way that so many other weight-loss and fitness magazines lack.

I've been on this program for three weeks... and have even cheated terribly several times (only one... possibly two meals a week). This was only because I was out with family and couldn't get food the way I wanted. That being said, I literally STUFF MY FACE with food the rest of the time. I'm a food-noshing MACHINE!! Ready for this?? I know it's not typical (most lose 2-3/wk), but I've lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks!! I'm sure that's partially because I have so much to lose (over 100 pounds), and because the times I didn't cheat, I followed the plan very closely. Honestly, it's not hard to follow, and because so many foods are unlimited (yes... I said UNLIMITED) I'm always satisfied.

No foolin'... this is the EASIEST, most effective thing I've ever tried. I have friends on other plans, but I want to slap my forehead when I see all the point-counting, carb counting and calorie counting they have to do.

It's taught me a liberating truth, folks... FOOD IS NOT THE ENEMY. It's the way we've learned to prepare it and cover it with fat and sugar-laden condiments that's the enemy. Many sauces you can make from fat-free plain yogurt, fat-free cottage cheese, and fat-free sour cream. After a couple weeks of eating that way, the heavy stuff (the way most of America prepares it) tastes.... icky. Gives me a tummy ache.

I was considering lap band before I found this... and I'm thanking God a friend turned me on to this. It's changed my life already!! This program is the light that leads to the end of a long, lonely tunnel. There are people all along the way, cheering you on. It doesn't get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment